You are not logged in.
- New member
- Registered: 2007-09-29
- Posts: 1
reindexing only works every second time
I just set up the idut gallery (v 2.0) on my webspace, uploaded some pics and encountered an error with the thumbnail generation/reindexing of the thumbnail directory.
Here's what I've done:
- uploaded 1st pic. Everything ok.
- uploaded 2nd pic. Upload ok, but I got an error message ("Warning: rmdir(./thumbnails/test) [function.rmdir]: File exists in /mnt/web4/50/58/5492458/htdocs/albumtest/admin.php on line 289") and the thumbnail for the 2nd pic wasn't created. The thumbnail of the 1st pic is gone as well.
- did a manual reindex of the gallery, both thumbnails are generated.
- did another manual reindex, got the above error message again. The thumbnails are gone.
- uploaded a 3rd pic - everything's ok, all thumbnails including the new one are there.
- did a manual reindex, got error message, thumbnails are gone.
- did another manual reindex, thumbnails are back, everything's ok.
- uploaded a 4th pic, get error message - no new thumbnail is generated and the others are gone again.
In other words: the re-indexing function only works every second time it is called.
I do know some basic PHP and understand that the script is unable to delete the thumbnail directory because some files are still there, but why? According to the source code, the script first erases every file inside the directory before erasing the dir itself. Yet, something's not working correctly, it seems.
Oh and BTW, shouldn't the gallery subdirectories be generated on mode 0777? The script says so, but mine are generated as 0750.
Please help - I wouldn't mind the error messages and having to reindex everything twice, but I'm setting this up for a friend of mine who's not really into IT stuff and I'm afraid she'll be totally confused by those errors.
EDIT: I tested some more and it seems the rmdir function is causing all the problems. I just got the same error message as above when I deleted an album. The album is still on the list, it says there is no data available, yet I can expand the album and the list of pictures shows filenames like ".nfs56E3E5", ".nfs66E3E5" etc. Strangely, both the image and thumbnail directories are still there, with all their contents. I then deleted the album again and now everything's finally gone for good. I dare to say that something's seriously wrong here...
Last edited by redsector (2007-09-29 17:14:44)