Idut home  

Idut Support / Cookie Problem

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-18 12:56:35

chensab3

Cookie Problem

Hi.

Ive installed the Idut gallery 2.1 today..
when im trying to do anything on the admin page
I need to relogin in each action.. and it really annoying and sometimes it even interfere the action that i made.

I will be happy if someone would help me :]

Thanks!

2008-06-18 12:56:35

Advert

#2 2008-06-23 18:29:55

idut
Administrator

Re: Cookie Problem

Hi,

First off make sure cookies are working ok in your browser. If you can, try using a different browser.

Its possible that your web server sets your session to expire quickly, check your settings in the server's php.ini file. If you don't have access to this create a php file called test.php and put the following code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

This should show you how long the sessions last, and if they are even enabled to begin with.

#3 2008-06-27 14:23:07

chensab3

I have access to the php.ini file.. what i should change there?

#4 2008-06-27 19:19:02

idut
Administrator

Under the section [SESSION] make sure that session.cookie_lifetime is set to 0.

Also check other settings there. Each web server setup is different. You may wish to contact your web host for them to check settings to make sure that sessions are correctly enabled.

Also make sure that session_start() is still at the top of your admin.php file.

#5 2009-07-06 17:04:49

JimmyJazz

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead, but I'm having the same issue, and the items mentioned all check out for me.  Four different browsers, each with cookies enabled, are choking in the same manner.  I haven't actually uploaded changes (including Idut Gallery) to the live site (which is a proper LAMP server at DreamHost) -- I'm just doing the development on a local IIS server with an out-of-date PHP 5.2.3.  I can't even create the first new albums.  I was hoping to populate the first couple of galleries before uploading.  Here's the session portion of my php.ini file, sans comments:

Code:

[Session]
session.save_handler = files
session.use_cookies = 1
session.name = PHPSESSID
session.auto_start = 0
session.cookie_lifetime = 0
session.cookie_path = /
session.cookie_domain =
session.cookie_httponly = 
session.serialize_handler = php
session.gc_probability = 1
session.gc_divisor     = 1000
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.bug_compat_42 = 0
session.bug_compat_warn = 1
session.referer_check =
session.entropy_length = 0
session.entropy_file =
session.cache_limiter = nocache
session.cache_expire = 180
session.use_trans_sid = 0
session.hash_function = 0
session.hash_bits_per_character = 5
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry"

I'm reading up on all of these settings myself, but if more experienced eyes see an immediate problem, please do tell.  I'll be monitoring.

Incidentally, if this works out, it's a nice bit of kit.  It was brain-dead simple to integrate your template tags into our site's basic template, and it has more than enough features for our humble needs.  Indeed, the beauty of it is its lack of feature creep.  Kudos.

Thank you kindly,

Jim "JimmyJazz" Jones

UPDATE: #1 Just for information's sake, I just did a blink comparison of the session portions of my local phpinfo() vs. our host's phpinfo(). Most of the settings appear to be PHP defaults. Here are the (apparently irrelevant) differences:

PHP Version 5.2.3 vs. PHP Version 5.2.6
Registered save handlers = files user vs. Registered save handlers = files user sqlite
Registered serializer handlers = php php_binary wddx vs. Registered serializer handlers = php php_binary
session.save_path = C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1.SER\LOCALS~1\Temp\php\session vs. session.save_path = /tmp

UPDATE: #2 I tried uploading one of my empty galleries to the production site, and lo and behold, it worked.  I can create albums and such.  It's only the development environment that's bolloxed.

Last edited by JimmyJazz (2009-07-06 18:22:13)